Since Salsbury Sullivan, LLC opened its doors in June 2015, our attorneys have recovered more than $42,000,000.00 for our clients. Below are samples of a few of our recent successes:
- $27 Million – Salsbury Sullivan and another firm together represented a local real estate developer in a large construction dispute in federal court in New Jersey. After many years of contentious litigation against a large surety company and general contractor, the case settled with our client collecting $27 Million in damages. It was a great success in a very complicated matter, involving numerous parties (public and private), lawyers, and experts. Kevin Sullivan served as one of the primary attorneys for the developer and was actively involved in all aspects of the litigation, which lasted almost ten (10) years. We are very proud of the role we played in this case and the results we achieved for our client.
- $9 Million – Salsbury Sullivan represented a man who was paralyzed when the frame of a house on which he was working collapsed. Salsbury Sullivan recovered $9,000,000 for the man and his family in a pre-trial mediation.
- $1.75 Million – Salsbury Sullivan represented a man whose bile duct was negligently severed by a surgeon during a cholecystectomy procedure. The man suffered liver and kidney failure, liver transplantation, and a host of other medical complications. Salsbury Sullivan recovered $1,750,000 on behalf of the man and his wife prior to trial.
- $800,000 – Salsbury Sullivan represented a man who suffered an ileus (paralyzed bowel) postoperatively. The ileus was not timely treated and the man suffered a perforated colon, sepsis, and was left in a coma for months. Salsbury Sullivan recovered $800,000, for the man and his wife.
- $650,000 – Salsbury Sullivan represented the family of a woman who underwent a stress test that revealed she was suffering from severe heart disease and was at risk for heart attack. The stress test was negligently read by a physician and, as a result, the woman was never treated properly for her heart disease. The woman ultimately died of a heart attack. Salsbury Sullivan recovered $650,000 on behalf of her family.
- $625,000 – Salsbury Sullivan represented the family of woman who died from colon cancer in a medical malpractice case against a gastroenterologist. We alleged that the defendant failed timely to diagnose the deceased’s cancer. The case settled for $625,000.
- $550,000 – Salsbury Sullivan represented a woman who was turned away from a dialysis center because of an administrative error. The woman never received dialysis and subsequently died from kidney failure. Salsbury Sullivan recovered $550,000 on behalf of her surviving children, mother, and father.
- $300,000 – Salsbury Sullivan represented the parents of a child who died shortly after birth of Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy in a medical malpractice case filed against the federal government. The case settled for $300,000.